To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
This position is Full-Time
Who We Are:
We are Wildfang. Started in 2013, we had grown tired of asking: Are real pockets revolutionary? Is it too much to ask for a button-up without boob gap? Why is the fashion industry still clinging to outdated gender norms that serve no one? In answering these questions, WILDFANG was born. We’re on a mission to rethink gender norms and how they show up in fashion. We embrace our masculine, our feminine, and our everything in between. We are a small, but fast growing DTC fashion brand famous for coveralls, blazers, and more available at our .com site as well as our 2 retail stores.
Who You Are:
In this highly dynamic and fast-paced environment, theWILDFANG ART DIRECTOR will be responsible for managing how our brand shows up in the world. You are a storyteller, both through imagery and design. You can seamlessly shift from concept and strategy to content generation and execution. You will partner cross functionally with channel owners to deliver assets that are on-brand and on-brief, leveraging a small team of external creatives to support and deliver your vision. This position reports into the Head of Growth.
Responsibilities + Duties:
- Own the Brand VC and all it’s digital + physical applications (not including product)
- Build and manage a consistent and scalable product photography process/team to execute monthly PDP photoshoots (with you at the helm as photographer and AD). This includes streamlined processes that promote efficiency while still achieving high levels of creative outputs.
- Support Growth + Brand on look/feel of Ambassador driven campaigns, as well as Tier 2 storytelling by owning both art direction and execution (in photography and design) that meets their concept and brief
- Concept, design and deliver commercial driven storytelling for use across channels including email, sms, paid media, site, and other commercial sales channels. Work with channel orders to gather and infuse data and performance to inform story-telling and overall asset design.
- Directed from marketing briefs, concept, pitch, and execute marketing asset creation, including both still and video deliverables. Responsible for photography and all graphic design elements.
- Manage a team of external creative partners to support the needs of the business, including but not limited to; producer, stylist, HMU, models, and graphic designer when needed additional support.
- Partner with channel owners to leverage insights and data to continually hone and improve the success of content
- Design visual assets as needed by the business, such as packaging/collateral, retail windows, promotional assets, etc
- Ability to travel on regular cadence for photoshoots, or is Portland, OR based
- 6+ years of experience
- Adept at photography and graphic design
- Portfolio demonstrating excellence in art direction, visual communication, creativity, and compelling storytelling
- Proven industry experience in a creative field with experience leading and delivering a broad range of creative projects
- Experience designing digital content for web and mobile experiences
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external partners. Proven ability to work independently and manage multiple projects, timelines, and people
- Flexibility and positive attitude in a constantly changing environment
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Capture One, Google Suite,
- Competitive Salary
- Health Insurance
- Flexible location (within the Portland Metro area)
- Unlimited PTO
- Apparel discounts