Assistant General Manager
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Who We Are
We are Wildfang. We had grown tired of asking: Are real pockets revolutionary? Is it too much to ask for a button up without boob gap? Why is the fashion industry still clinging to outdated gender norms that serve no one? In answering these questions, Wildfang was born. We’re on a mission to rethink gender norms and how they show up in fashion. We embrace our masculine, our feminine, and our everything in between. You can shop with us online or swing by our stores in PDX and LA. Female founded.
Who You Are
The AGM is an essential part to the success of our omnichannel business because you can seamlessly balance running brick-and-mortar operations while delivering an outstanding guest experience alongside your team. You are an operator and an executor. You know how to get things done, while also creating lasting impressions for our guests by fostering connections, building client relationships, sharing product knowledge and mentoring staff to deliver world-class client experience. The AGM supports the General Manager in building a strong, profitable and scalable store.
More specifically, you are:
- Incredibly organized and detail-oriented -- you see things that other people often don’t and understand that all the little things add up to the experience in our stores.
- Able to delegate -- you can gracefully enlist and manage your team to tackle projects.
- A confident communicator – you have a service and solution-oriented mindset and if you don’t know the answer, you will seek it out to provide the best-possible brand experience to the client.
- A naturally hard worker who can self-direct and understands that there is always something to do to drive the business forward. You thrive in an ever changing environment and consistently fix what isn’t broken to grow the business.
- A proactive and dedicated individual - you love to take initiative and are consistently looking for ways to empower your team and enhance the overall experience for our customers.
Your Day-to-Day Essential Duties
- You support the General Manager in taking individual ownership of your store’s success by cultivating a world-class customer experience and achieving financial and operational goals.
- You outreach to clients and engage with loyal customers, always seeking opportunities to surprise and delight guests and exceed their expectations.
- You work alongside your team on the floor and help ensure they stay informed and up-to-date on company communication, business priorities, store performance, product roll-outs, client-facing initiatives and any additional information required by the General Manager.
- You take the lead in training store staff on operations, product knowledge and customer experience. You give timely feedback and coaching to staff members and assist in regular meetings to grow individual performance.
- You assist the General Manager with hiring, onboarding, coaching, and when necessary offboarding and terminations.
- In partnership with the General Manager, you identify, track and report on key metrics to understand and optimize store performance and thoughtfully organize information so it can be easily shared with staff and HQ.
- You communicate observations, challenges, and opportunities to the General Manager to develop action plans to tackle issues and drive the business forward.
- You own inventory management including receiving, processing, restocking + destocking and visual merchandising. You report challenges, discrepancies and opportunities to your General Manager in a timely manner.
- You open and close the store including cleaning, replenishment, sizing, EOD reports, removing trash and recycling and other duties as needed to prepare for business.
- You create the weekly store schedule, review timesheets for accuracy and manage the corresponding payroll submissions.
- Under the direction of the General Manager, you complete other additional projects, duties, and assignments as required.
- 1-3 years of experience managing direct reports, or coaching and leading teams
- Experience running a fast-paced sales floor
- Previous experience owning inventory management and visual merchandising
- Strong understanding of retail metrics and how to interpret KPIs as actionable recommendations to help your team drive greater success
What We Offer
- Competitive hourly rates
- Medical benefits with employer contribution
- 401(k) options through Oregon Saves
- Generous PTO, clothing allowance and employee discount
- The opportunity to be a part of a powerful community of employees and customers who love us!
- The chance to make a substantial impact on a well-known, fast-growing and innovative brand.
NOTE:Wildfang provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. While management is primarily responsible for seeing that Wildfang equal employment opportunity policies are implemented, you share in the responsibility for assuring that, by your personal actions, the policies are effective.