To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is Full or Part Time, and based out of our West End location in downtown Portland, OR
Who We Are:
We are Wildfang. Started in 2013, we had grown tired of asking: Are real pockets revolutionary? Is it too much to ask for a button-up without boob gap? Why is the fashion industry still clinging to outdated gender norms that serve no one? In answering these questions, WILDFANG was born. We’re on a mission to rethink gender norms and how they show up in fashion. We embrace our masculine, our feminine, and our everything in between. We are a small, but fast growing DTC fashion brand famous for coveralls, blazers, and more available at our .com site as well as our 2 retail stores.
Who You Are:
In this highly dynamic and fast-paced environment, the WILDFANG SALES ASSOCIATE will be the key to our success as an omnichannel clothing brand as you drive the brand experience in our retail stores. You geek out about meeting new people and connecting them with clothes that will make them feel confident and powerful. You can create memorable experiences for our guests by fostering connection, building strong relationships, styling, sharing product knowledge and speaking authentically about our unique brand identity.
Responsibilities + Duties:
- You take individual ownership of your store’s success by welcoming visitors and creating excitement about our brand history, product offering, community and value proposition.
- You help style walk-ins and appointments, both virtually and in-store by asking questions and responding to the guest’s needs with thoughtful product suggestions. You carry these interactions through to completion including facilitating the sale and/or post-visit follow-up communication (i.e. style/size choices, checking in after their special event, etc.)
- You outreach to existing clients and engage with walk-in customers, always seeking opportunities to surprise and delight guests and exceed their expectations to drive sales.
- You find organic opportunities to increase a client’s engagement with Wildfang: encouraging guests to create an online customer profile, join our loyalty program, attend an event, follow us on social media, host a private shopping party for their friends, etc.
- You stay up-to-date on company communication, business priorities, store performance, new products, client initiatives and any additional info shared by your Store Leader(s).
- You own inventory management (receiving, processing, restocking) and open/close the store including cleaning, COVID disinfecting, replenishment, sizing, EOD reports, removing trash/recycling and other duties as needed to prepare for business.
- You help maintain the store throughout the day including consistent COVID cleaning/ disinfecting, inventory replenishment, and/or re-merchandising as needed.
- You accurately and efficiently process guest transactions on POS including hand-carry, ship from warehouse, ship from store, refunds/exchanges, gift cards and more.
- You support in the execution of special events/experiences and enroll guests in attending.
- You complete other additional projects or duties as required by the Store Leader(s).
- You have a passion for driving a seamless omnichannel experience for customers and being the IRL embodiment of the Wildfang brand.
- You are a “good days person” – kind, relentlessly positive and always looking for ways to make other people’s days better (both your teammates’ and your clients’).
- You integrate fun and joy as a way of being, so others love working with you.
- You love the feeling of hard-earned success and innovating to achieve great results.
- You are mature and professional.
- You possess strong business acumen and sound judgement, and you aren’t afraid to step outside of your comfort zone.
- You foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- All employees’ availability must reflect the needs of the business which may change from time to time. Availability needs include mornings, evenings, and weekends, and Wildfang reserves the right to make amendments to the schedule and/ or availability requirements. Please note time off is limited during busy times for our stores.
- Applicants are a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Prior retail experience is preferred but not required.
- Competitive Hourly Rate with bonus potential
- Health Insurance (eligible on the 1st of the month following 30 days of employment)
- Based in the heart of Downtown Portland
- Generous PTO, employee discounts, and monthly clothing allowance
- The chance to make a substantial impact on a well-known, fast-growing brand innovating experience in the retail space.