Coveralls are having a high fashion moment right now, and for good reason: They’re comfortable, versatile, and can be dressed up or down for almost any occasion. If you’re ready to try a new look, a few pairs of coveralls could be just the right outfit idea to up your fashion game.
But if you’re new to workwear fashion, you might be wondering how to stylecoveralls without feeling like you’re ready for your shift at the mechanics’ shop. (Or you might be prepared to makemechanic chic the next big trend.)
We’ve got you covered with 5 ways to style coveralls that will impress the crowd with this all-purpose piece. From layering with a blazer for office-ready sophistication to converting your coveralls to tie-waisted trousers, there is a wide range of options, and we’ve got all the style inspo you need.
#1 Add a Layer On Top
What’s our favorite thing about coveralls? It’s just one easy piece andboom—your ‘fit is complete. Still, sometimes a look needs just a little bitmore.
One of the easiest ways to completely change the style of any pair of coveralls is simply layering another piece on top. Here are our fave options for layering over your coveralls:
- Leather jacket– We love this combo for a chic, workwear-meets-rocker vibe. Try it with a high-waisted coverall topped with avegan leather blazer.
- Boxy blazer– Adding a blazer instantly takes your comfy jumpsuit to office chic. Pair avelvet blazer over a fitted coverall to don a polished, profesh look.
- Casual shacket–Shackets (think shirt + jacket) are easy to wear, cozy without being too heavy, and add just the right amount of structure to an outfit. Go for a neutral color to add a touch of sophistication, or add a pop of color with a bold print.
#2 Add a Layer Underneath
What you wearunder your coveralls can add as much dimension to your look as what you wear over them.Unique tops can completely change the fit and feel of your trusty coveralls.
Here are a few quick and easy variations to try:
- Long sleeves under short sleeves– Along sleeve tee or sweater under a short-sleeve or sleeveless coverall is a perfect way to add another layer of color to your outfit.
- Mixed-up textures– Try an unexpected pattern and texture combo for more fashion-forward flair. We love a chunky sweater undercorduroy coveralls, or a patterned long-sleeve tee under a timelessdenim coverall.
- Crop top under coveralls – Want the comfort of coveralls with just a hint of skin? Pair classic coveralls with a simple cropped tee, tank top, orsheer top for an understated peekaboo effect.
#3 Dress It Down
When you’re wearing a one-piece like a coverall or a jumpsuit, the footwear you choose makes all the difference to how dressy or casual your ‘fit feels. When you’re aiming for a laid-back vibe, try these shoe styling options:
- Athletic shoes – You can never go wrong pairing coveralls with your favorite sneakers—comfortable andoh-soclassic. Add some neutral white sneakers to elevate your fit.
- Bold boots – A pair of ankle boots with cuffed coveralls is a look that’s never going out of style. Try laced-up black boots with a chunky platform for a punk rock edge, or wear an ankle bootie in beige or brown for a more cosmopolitan look.
- Colorful slip-ons – Canvas deck shoes in a fun pattern or color are an easy way to add a pop of personality to a solid-color coverall.
#4 Dress It Up
Think coveralls can’t be dressy? We beg to differ. They’re great if you’re wondering what to wear on a first date. Here are a few ways to make your coveralls a stylish statement you can wear to any event:
- Dressy shoes– Coveralls are completely transformed when worn with a kickass heel or a platform loafer. Spring for coveralls with a pop of bright, contrasting color to draw attention to your tasteful footwear.
- Accessories– Accessories like jewelry, scarves, and hats elevate any piece—and coveralls are no exception. Throw on a bold chain or statement jewelry piece to add shine or instantly amp up your fashion witha leather harness.
- A ‘fit that fitsyou – You can also adapt the fit of your coveralls to dress them up or down. Ouressential coverall has an intentionally slouchy cut, so go one size down for a more fitted look. Or opt for ourhigh-waisted coveralls, which feature an adjustable waist that can be cinched & uncinched for maximum comfort.
#5 Tie It At the Waist
One unexpected strategy on how to wear coveralls is to wave your magic fashion wand and turn your one-piece into atwo-piece.
Along-sleeve coverall gives you the option of unfastening the top half and leaving it open to the waist. Then, gather the sleeves and tie them around your middle.Voilà—you’ve got a fun twist on a trouser with a casual, tapered waist.
To complete the wrap-around look, top it off with acute tee ormuscle tank. Or, to upgrade the look to an even more flirty affair, go forpatterned coveralls against a neutral top to add playful dimension and color.
Make Your WorkwearWork With WILDFANG
Coveralls are a sure bet when you’re looking for an easy piece that’s on-trend but not overdone.
They’re totally comfortable yet still stylish and highly versatile, ready to carry you effortlessly from work to outings with friends.
If you’re ready for workwear that works foryou,find yours atWILDFANG.
Our collection of coveralls at WILDFANG is designed to fitevery body, with diverse sizing options from XS to 3X. Plus, their extra-soft brushed cotton stretch fabric and elastic waistband means you’ll have max comfort all day—not to mention their roomy pockets. Whether you want understated denim or bold colors and patterns, we’ve got the look to suit your fashion palette.